This site (accessible at almostadoctor.co.uk) contains a collection of notes written by medical students and junior doctors. They are an amalgamation of knowledge from journal articles, textbooks, lectures, ward rounds, podcasts, tutorials, and impromptu teaching & advice provided by medical professionals. A list of general sources can be found here, and specific sources can be found on the relevant article page, however, if you have any comments or concerns, we will be more than happy to look into it. You can contact us here.
Please note that some, but not all articles are individually referenced – we are working towards fully referencing all articles as the ultimate goal.
almostadoctor.co.uk is wholly owned and operated by Dr Tom Leach, with additional volunteer contributions from medical students and doctors. All content is written either by Dr Tom Leach, or one of our volunteer contributors, and subsequently edited by Dr Tom Leach.
The notes on this site are all written by current medical students and doctors. Notes are reviewed by our editing team (currently Dr Tom Leach only – please get in touch if you would like to get involved) before being uploaded.
However, the information contained in the site has not been specifically and authoritatively peer-reviewed, and as such has not passed scientific scrutiny as to its accuracy (although many of the sources we use have been peer reviewed and are generally accepted in medical science).
The information contained in this site is accurate to the best of our knowledge, however, you should always check information with a relevant professional. This site is intended as an additional learning resource for medical students, and should be used in conjunction with other resources recommended by your higher education facility, for example; peer-reviewed articles, textbooks, and advice from clinicians. Dr Tom Leach / almostadoctor.co.uk accepts no responsibility or legal liability for the use or misuse of the information contained in this site. almostadoctor.co.uk is not intended as a replacement for your clinician, or a diagnostic tools for patients, and should not be used as such.
Images and Diagrams
Where images or diagrams are relevant we have provided a ‘copyright free’, or ‘free distribution rights’ image. Where relevant, a reference is provided. Many images are typically from the wikimedia commons library.
Some images are the original work of almostadoctor.com authors.
Some images are from the (free to use) SMART Servier Medical Art Library and a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
- Servier is a French pharmaceutical company
- They provide a free library of medical images for anyone to use at smart.servier.com/
- almostadoctor.co.uk / Dr Tom Leach receive no financial or other incentives or funding from Servier, are no way affiliated with the organisation or its subsidiaries
- almostadoctor.co.uk / Dr Tom Leach do not in any way endorse, sponsor or authorize Servier or its activities
- Servier does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site. The use of LEGO ® stylized image(s) is in accordance with the LEGO ® fair play policy, found at https://www.lego.com/en-au/legal/notices-and-policies/fair-play/
All other logos and images used in the navigation of the website, including the almostadoctor logo are copyright Dr Tom Leach, and should not be reproduced in any way without prior written consent.
almostadoctor.co.uk provides links to many external resources, including advertisers. Almostadoctor takes no responsibility for the content of external websites. Dr Tom Leach / almostadoctor.co.uk reserves the right to amend, alter and delete links to external content at any time.
Limitation of Liability
Dr Tom Leach / almostadoctor.co.uk does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content at almostadoctor.co.uk. The notes are provided without any express or implied warranties of any kind.
Dr Tom Leach makes no warranties that your access or use of this site will be:
- uninterrupted or error-free;
- free of viruses or harmful material; or
- will meet your satisfaction.
Dr Tom Leach / almostadoctor.co.uk is not liable to you or any 3rd party for any claim, loss or damages arising out of your use of the site or its materials. Your reliance upon almostadoctor.co.uk’s materials is solely at your own risk.
You are responsible for taking all precautions you believe are necessary or advisable to protect you from any claim, damage or loss that may arise from your use of almostadoctor.co.uk.
In the event of failure to agree to the above, Dr Tom Leach / almostadoctor.co.uk refuses to provide such site materials to you.
By submitting your content to almostadoctor.co.uk you agree that:
· You will remain, and be accredited as an author on your content for as long as your content remains available via almostadoctor distribution channels (app, website etc)
· Your content will be displayed on the almostadoctor website, and may be distributed in other forms of media by almostadoctor, including, but not limited to; online, mobile phone applications, print.
· You allow Dr Tom leach / almostadoctor.co.uk a worldwide, loyalty free license to edit, reproduce, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, publish, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), distribute, prepare derivative works (including collections) of, incorporate into other works and otherwise use your material as best as we see fit.
Dr Tom Leach / almostadoctor.co.uk reserve the right to alter and amend these terms at any time. It is the responsibly of site users to check this page regularly to ensure they are up to date.
Any major changes to our policy will be made available on the almostadoctor.co.uk homepage.